17.11.10

Chicken Tostadas with Smokey Cheese Salsa


2 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
3 ounces smoked cheese, cheddar, Gouda or Monterey Jack, diced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
Salt and pepper to taste
1-1/2 cups shredded roasted chicken
6 corn tortillas
Sour cream, optional

In a medium sized bowl toss together tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, cheese, red wine vinegar, green onion, salt and pepper.  Let sit for 15 minutes.

While waiting, fry the corn tortillas to your choice of crispiness.  Shred the roasted chicken and build each tostada to your liking. 

Dollop with sour cream for extra flavor.

Makes six tostadas.

13 comments:

  1. Not sure about the smokey cheese. I'd swap for a queso de cabra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like this if I liked tomatoes. But as much as a try to eat tomatoes, I don't think I will ever like them. I wish I did though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your posts. very very teasty

    ReplyDelete
  4. had this yesterday i didnt really enjoy it that much though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna be on this food like a bum on a pork chop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice blog, always makes me hungry :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok I tried this. And I have to say it depends on the person. A lot of people wont like this.

    ReplyDelete